ATTACK ON THE RIGHTS OF UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE
• The collective of unemployed people are considered as fraudsters of public resources and not as the holders of rights.
• The sum of unemployment benefits was reduced from the sixth month from 60% to 50% of the regulatory base.
• The benefits for those over 45 and those over 52 passed to those over 55.
CUTS IN THE WAGES GUARANTEED FUND (FOGASA)
• Limits the quantity to pay to the double of the Inter-professional Minimum Salary – SMI, (before it was triple) by the number of days pending pay, with a maximum of 120 days (before the maximum was 150 days).
ATTACK ON THE WORKERS IN THE PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
• Attack on collective negotiation which is abolished by the measures that are decided in Madrid and are applied with priority to what is negotiated in the agreements.
• To the salary freezes are added the suspension of the 2nd extra payment (Christmas) for public employees. The salaries will not be recompensed, except from 2015 on in the form of contributions to pension fund, always and when objectives for deficit reductions are met.
• Reduction in personal days.
• Reduction in trade union rights.
• The comparing of temporary incapacities to the private sector, meaning that salaries won’t be paid 100%.
• Worker mobility for public employees.
• A rise in the VAT. The general rate passes from 18% to 21%, the reduced rate from 8% to 10%. Some products pass from the reduced rate to the general rate (which means from 8% to 21%). Some school material go from the super-reduced rate (4%) to 21%.
• A rise in special taxes.
• A reduction in social contributions by two points until 2014, one point in 2013 and one point in 2014. This measure has been insistently claimed by businessmen, who will see their labour costs reduced in this way.
CUTS IN THE RIGHTS OF DEPENDENT PERSONS
• The government has reduced by 13% the so-called “minimum level”, the money that autonomous communities receive for each dependent person according to the gravity their situation.
• A reduction of 15% in the economic benefits of family caretakers, leaving the autonomous communities free to intensify this reduction.
• Simplification of the levels of recognition for dependency (from six levels it passes to three levels) and it is postponed until 2015 the incorporation of new users of Grade 1 (moderate dependants).
• On August 31st the contributions to Social Security paid to people who take care of a person at home will be suspended.
LIBERALIZATION OF HOURS AND PRIVATIZATIONS
• Deregulation of commercial hours, amplification of hours and openings on Sundays and holidays.
• Liberalization of train, port and airport services and in some cases privatizations.
• Reduction and privatization of public enterprises.